Friday, August 6, 2010

It had to happen sometime...

I've read that it happens to every seamstress or tailor at one point or another. The only question is when, and wouldn't you know it would happen to me right before I start sewing my first custom garment for a customer.

Well, the other night I was beginning to sew my New Look 6823 dress while listening to some European history lectures as last minute study for the CLEP I was taking the next day. Surprisingly enough, everything was going pretty well. Until I somehow managed to sew through my left middle finger. Yep, ouch. Getting the needle out took my entire family. I wasn't any help, I know; I was just a breath away from passing out. :P I posted more about the incident HERE, but since it was a sewing accident I figured the story fit pretty well on this blog.

1 comment:

Sisters of Grace said...

Ouch! I've never done that. But Two ofmy friends did. Sound very painful.