Wednesday, August 4, 2010

First Custom Order!

I'm SO excited, though very nervous at the same time. A little over a week ago, I wore THIS skirt to an event that my siblings were part of, and a woman approached me about making one for her! She wants hers pretty much exactly like mine, except that the godets will be out of only red toile instead of red and black. Yesterday Mama, Claire, Luke (poor boy), and I went fabric shopping for the things I'll need to make this skirt!

We started at Sir's. Though I wasn't able to find the right toile OR denim, I did get 3 other pieces of fabric for myself, 2 of which I was hoping to obtain before October! From Sir's (our fastest trip there ever, btw, just over one hour!), we went to Hancock's in Murfreesboro. Thankfully I was able to find both the denim and toile there! The denim was a wonderful price too! I'm very happy with the trip.

While we were at Hancock's I also grabbed Kwik Sew 3472. With that one and New Look 6823, I'm hoping to increase my knowledge of working with knits. I had fun looking through the trims at Hancock's too! Who knew there was so much available! I've really only recently started working with trims, and, obviously, piping is still my favorite, so I don't really know what's out there. :)

Well, I just wanted to bring this blog up to speed (not that hardly anyone reads it; I know this now 'cause I installed a sitemeter counter-thingy!) about what was going on in my sewing life. Be back soon ... hopefully!

No comments: