Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Butterick 3485, View A

I've never used a pattern to make a bag or tote before, so I was determined to try it with some of my larger pieces of scrap fabric. I used the blue toile that I had left over from THIS dress to make THIS pattern, view A. I really like how it turned out!

The bag is fully lined. I hadn't really intended or thought to make this until I'd already started, so I used whatever we had on hand. I used a piece of small, cotton, craft rope for the button loop, a buckle from one of my brother's broken belts (it's a little heavy for the bag...), and a regular button as opposed to a toggle button. The only somewhat significant change to the pattern I made (aside from not making it out of suede or leather) was to add piping around the flap. I really like the clean touch that adds. :)




No comments: