Saturday, January 15, 2011

McCall's 4258

Surprise, surprise! I found a bit of time (and necessity) to sew! During our last trip to Sir's I got a piece of brown suede. I can't tell y'all how long I've been looking for brown fabric! Seemed like it all disappeared at the exact moment I wanted to get some, so I was delighted to find this piece. Suede isn't (for me anyway) the easiest stuff to work with; it tends to make the needles and pins feel very dull... or perhaps I'm really am working with extremely dull pointy things. :P

Anyway, I did McCall's 4258, view D. I cut it out way too long. I thought I'd cut it out a couple inches too long, but it turns out it was more like 4 inches too long. However, that ended up being helpful. I wanted to dress it up a little; after all, I'm considering wearing it to a wedding (yeah, I know, brown? I don't really have a lot of options though.). So, I used the extra length to attempt to dress it up by adding a couple of wide tucks near the bottom of the skirt. All in all, I'm pleased with the result. Oh, and of course, I sewed the hem with a decorative stitch.

Please pardon the poor photography and filthy mirror. :)





No comments: