Friday, May 21, 2010

Sewn Recently

In between studying for two tests (worth 6 and 3 hours respectively), taking two tests, and just general life, I've found a bit of time to sew for our upcoming 3 week vacation (starting NEXT WEEK! AHHH!)! I've sewn 3 skirts: McCall's 5431 and Kwik Sew 3637. I made two of the last one. I love them! Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of them yet, but if I can get some soon, I'll try to remember to post them.

The patterns themselves were fairly simple to work with and easy to put together. I ran into an issue or two with the yoke on the Kwik Sew pattern, but I think that was mainly my brain deciding not to work. All in all they were great patterns, and the finished products are wonderful!

2 comments:

Camille said...

Awesome!!! I didn't know this blog existed!

I'll enjoy reading future posts!

Laura said...

Heh, yeah... Well, I'm pretty much just playing with it for now; we'll see where it goes. :) The more studying I do the more this blog gets neglected. No sewing happens when I study. ;)